Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Lunar New Year

Today is the last day of the Tiger Year 2010.  At midnight today will begin the first day of the new Lunar Year-- that of the Rabbit, or of the Cat in some countries.  Although Japan no longer celebrates the Lunar New Year officially, some Japanese and most Asians living in the East as well as in the West continue to celebrate it in their respective traditional ways.

For me, this is the time when I usually make phone calls to my close relatives in order to send them my best wishes for the New Year.  It is also the time for me to share good news and nice little gifts to my best friends and dear ones.  Some elderly people consider the transition moment between the old year and the new year the most sacred time to pray for the best to happen to them and their families.

The beginning of a New Year...Perhaps that's one of the reasons I would like to start my own blog today.  Why not share with others your thoughts and part of your life?  Every one of us is part of the whole, and there should not be too much privacy....With that in my mind, I begin this Webpage. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment